Getting started with Intellyo
So, you made it. You've registered with Intellyo and logged in. We are thrilled to have you on board indeed. 🙏
I know, using a tool for the first time can be confusing. And to be frank, there is a lot we need to do to improve our product. We work hard to implement user feedback and make our product easier to use.
In the meantime, I'm here to explain to you how to get started with Intellyo from scratch. In any case, if you feel stuck, contact us at email@example.com and we'll help you out.
1. How to complete your Intellyo profile
After you've registered for the Creator Engine, we ask you to confirm your email address. This is for your own security. If someone else tries to use your email address, you get notified and we won't use it to set up a new workplace either.
With this confirmation, we can also avoid inconveniences due to misspelling. You won't sit around waiting for our welcome email. You'll know that you probably registered with the wrong email address, and can quickly reregister. (If you still don't receive your credential, contact us!)
Once you confirmed your email address you'll see this message on your screen. Add your name and job title. You can also set your password and invite your colleagues by typing their email addresses in the collaboration bar at the bottom of the message.
2. How to set up your Dashboard
After you filled out the previous form, you'll arrive at your Intellyo Dashboard. You can go back to the homepage by clicking the Intellyo icon in the upper left corner or on the home icon. Once you have articles written, you'll find them all listed here.
3. How to manage your Organization
Click on the small white triangle next to the Intellyo icon, and a drop-down menu will appear with all of your organizations. By default, every workplace is associated with a username.madewithintellyo.com site.
You can manage and add your organizations here.
Click Manage Organization.
4. How to add a new Organization
After clicking manage organization, you'll see this screen below with all of your details. At the top of the screen, you'll find General information and the list of Members.
If you'd like to create a new organization, you can do that here.
Click the + Add new organization on the right side of the screen.
Once you clicked the +Add new organization, a pop up will appear.
5. Name your Organization.
Enter the name of your new organization and click Add or Add and open.
6. Change your profile picture
You will find your avatar in the manage organization or the setting menu on the left side of your dashboard. Click the avatar and upload the image you'd like to use.
7. Start writing your first article in the Creator Engine
Go back to the homepage. We've prepared a video for you to show you how to use the Creator Engine. Take a look.
Click New article on the right side of the screen.
8. Plan your article with the Creator Engine
- Choose your organization.
- Choose your focus keyword by typing it in the Topic Research bar. Click Start research.
- Add internal labels to help you filter and find stories.
- Add a brief. Define what kind of article you are going to write, what the goal is, define the target audience and the tone of voice. Set clear, SMART goals and implement content marketing best practices.
- Assign responsibility: choose the editor.
- Assign responsibility: choose the copywriter.
- Choose the due date.
9. Create an article with Intellyo
At the top of the dashboard, you will find the content creation workflow: Plan-Create-Distribution. Once you fill out the Plan part, click Create.
Above the workflow line, you see the title line, with (no title). Add a title for your article here, by clicking (no title).
Below the workflow line, you see the editor. You can choose the type of headlines and fonts you want to use. You can also insert images and hyperlinks.
If you have HTML knowledge, we encourage you to use the </> to customize the HTML code.
If you aren't sure what the icons mean, just hover over them to see what their functions are.
Start writing your article.
- Under the toolbar, you can find the editor dashboard. Let's type something shows you where to type.
- Type in the Excerpt of your content. This will be shown on your blog as a short summary of your article. Make the copy engaging for a higher CTR.
- Add the Tags that describe your article.
- Use SEO settings to set the page title, description, and a user-friendly URL. Learn more about On-Site SEO to get the most out of this option.
+1 Sign in your Slack account to connect and send messages to your colleagues.
10. Review or approve your article
You can send the article for review or approval (depending on your role), reassign projects, publish or unpublish articles by clicking Choose an option in the right upper corner and choosing an action.
11. Review detailed information about your article
On the right side of the dashboard, you will find several icons.
Click the accordion menu.
Brief: This is where you can find the editor's brief of the article.
Notes: Make notes as you go. You can also find the keyword research and competition analysis results here.
Content Quality Analyser: Here you'll find suggestions to improve your article's SEO.
12. Distribute your article
Hover over the workflow at the top of your article and click Distribution.
Choose the primary channel you want to publish your article on. You can also set the secondary distribution channels such as Facebook, Twitter or your Wordpress site. To do so, you need to add the integrations first.
12. Use the content calendar
Our built-in calendar helps you track the status of each article.
We are still working on the Insights feature but we will update you on that as soon as possible.
Hopefully, you've got enough info here to get started using the Creator Engine. If anything is unclear, don't hesitate to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.